- Foreground location – the app uses location data to determine and write in log file location latitude and longitude. New measurement record in log file is added when location is changed with predefined distance interval. Foreground location access is also needed in order app to read mobile network serving and neighbor cells measurements.
- Background location – the app uses location in background to determine and write in log file correct location latitude and longitude when app is in background. Background location can be allowed by choosing “Allow all the time” at location access prompt. If background location is allowed the app will add measurements to log file while app as is in background in the same way as if app is in foreground. Background location access can be opted out of by choosing “Allow only while using the app” at location access prompt. If background location is not allowed when logging is started then no measurements will be added to log file when app is in background.
The app collects user information only when the user decides to send measurement capabilities report using Menu – Measurement capabilities by pressing the button [Send feedback]. This information is used for creation of database of phone measurement capabilities to help users understand what measurements can his phone perform. The collected information contains information about:
- device manufacturer, brand, model and build number
- device Android version
- mobile serving cell parameters
- mobile neighbor cells parameters
During app normal operation no user data is collected or shared.
The app uses following permissions:
- location – to have access to device location and to be able to measure mobile serving and neighbor cells. Also if allowed, the app can use location in background (all the time) in order to write measurements and location latitude and longitude to log file while app is in background
- storage – to write log files with measurement data to device storage