Rhythm Engineer – Manual
Rhythm Engineer is a rhythm training app for musicians. It can help learning sight reading rhythm notation.
How to use:
1. Select rhythm pattern for each beat
2. Press play to hear the rhythm
3. Adjust tempo with tempo slider
Additionally you can add articulation (accent or mute) to the notes and also legato between beats. In order to do this first allow the feature in Settings and restart the app in order to activate the feature.
Video demo of articulation feature – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGriOCt4ofM
Tempo – select tempo in beats per minute
Button PLAY – plays/stops the rhythm playing.
To open the menu click on three points button in upper right corner.
Open – opens saved file. When you select to open file a browser is opened. Browse to app folder and select song xml file to open. The app folder is sdcard/Rhythm_Engineer. For android devices with Android>Android 10 the app folder is sdcard/Android/data/com.gyokovsolutions.rhythmengineer/files/Rhythm_Engineer
Save – saves current rhythm
Save as – saves current rhythms as file with specified name
Clear – clears all beats
Randomize – randomizes the beats
Settings – opens Settings page
Manual – opens the manual on website
Exit – exits the app
– Beats number – number of beats. Requires app restart.
– Beats number in row – the number of beats per row on the screen. Requires app restart.
– Click sound – select sound for rhythm playing (click or note).
– Play 4 clicks intro – when on then 4 clicks are played before the rhythm is played.
– Keep screen on – keeps the screen on while the app is in foreground.